I have a large repertoire of animal tales, nature tales, traditional tales and folk tales and can put together a programme for your group’s needs or for that special birthday party or celebration.
Examples of one hour long programmes suitable for all the family:
FISHY AND FURRY TALES
Find fish in the forest and see painted cats who come to life amidst other fishy goings-on under the sea.
BEES AND BEASTIES
Meet beasties big and small with tales of fiery dragons and little ants, queen bees and dancing trees.
Some of the Events and Schools Where I Have Told Stories for Children
- Larne Museum & Arts Centre, Sessions for Schools
- Glenarm & Glenariff Forest Parks, Storywalks
- St. Patrick’s & St. Brigid’s Primary School
- Eason’s Bookstore, Donegall Place, Belfast
- Glenaan Primary School
- Tale of the Pig Fair, Pericles Theatre Workshop
- Stoneywish Nature Reserve, Ditchling
- Lifeways Childrens’ Camps
- Oriel High School, Crawley
- Colin Glen Library, Autumn Activity Fair
- Templepatrick Primary School
- Helen’s Bay Organics Open Day
- Ballycastle Integrated Primary School
- Michael Hall Steiner School Advent Fair
- Forest Row Festival
- Tribal Fit Family Camp
- Headington Quarry Church of England Eco Fair
- Lochmaddy Primary, N.Uist
STORYTELLING FOR SEASONAL FESTIVALS
Celebrating and honouring the seasons of the year and their associated festivals brings us closer to the rhythms of nature and allows us to fully enjoy the constant change that they bring. Simple ritual can help us ground the deeper meaning of the festival and stories help us engage with it through the imaginative realm.
In my work in the gardens at Findhorn and Emerson College and as Storyteller-in-Residence at Old Plawhatch and Tablehurst Community Farms, I have organised and taken part in a wide variety of celebrations with story.
Examples include : A Gathering for Advent, Imbolc Festival, Spring Equinox Fire, Mayfair, Midsummer Festival, Raw n Wild Food Festival, Harvest Festival, Celebrate Samhain, All Souls’ Day – Remembering the Ancestors, Celebrate Solstice. I have also organised special events such as Stories with the Cows and Story Tree Walks.
Please contact me if you would like me to bring stories to your special event or put together a programme for a special time of year.